9.24.2009

No luck

Just a quick update. Baby Natalie is quite comfy where she is and doesn't seem to have plans for moving.

They hooked me up to the monitors and her heart rate was mostly around 160. It was fun to see it spike when she or I moved. While we were there, I think I had one or two mild contractions (no pain, but it showed on the monitor). I got to get a saline-lock 3 times - oh so fun - maybe one of these days nurses will listen when I say that my veins are deceiving!

The Dr. came in and turned the ultrasound machine on. Showed us her heart, confirmed her head is on my left side under my ribs right where we last saw her. He used a ton of gel and started pushing - really hard. It was definitely uncomfortable and did not feel good. Sort of felt like he was trying to move my rib around. This went on for 10 mins, maybe longer, or maybe a little shorter..I just know it hurt. He stopped periodically and asked if I wanted him to keep going. I figured why not give it a shot. At some point, he just stopped and said, "I can keep going, but I really don't feel like she is going to move at this point". We could clearly see this. Every time he would check the ultrasound, her head was in the exact same spot.

So, I can keep doing the inversion exercises and hope she turns. If she turns it seems like it would be quite a miracle - there's not a lot of extra room in there. The office is supposed to call later to setup the c-section for 39 weeks. I don't have a date yet but should know shortly.

I wish we had better news to post, but she looks healthy, so I guess that's all that matters at this point!

2 comments:

Tania said...

Bummer, but at least you gave it a shot! Did they at least confirm that you are having a girl?

michelle said...

No! She was so wedged in there that we couldn't even see her legs (definitely feel them though!). If it's not a girl, we'll all have a surprise in a few weeks - and we'll have a lot of shopping to do..the closet is FULL of pink!

.