9.09.2009

9th Appt (34wks 4 days)

Not a lot new to report. Had the last of my semi-monthly appointments today. Now the weekly appointments begin!

Blood pressure is still good (110/76), heartbeat sounded good, and she took my measurement but I forgot to ask what the number was and I forgot to ask the heartbeat! I was just glad to be in and out of the appointment after waiting for 45 minutes last time.

She didn't seem too pleased that I'm working so much, but I explained its only for another week and then things should taper off a bit. I'm starting to get a little bit of swelling and backache, but those are to be expected and I just feel lucky that I made it this far without many annoyances.

We also had baby class tonight. I'm not sure if those classes make me feel more prepared or more nervous! I was starting to get comfortable with the idea of labor after reading a bunch of books and I feel like I know a lot of the terms and what to expect, but then they show these little clips of videos and it just looks so painful! It didn't help tonight that she brought a bunch of little equipment for show & tell (monitors, catheters, vacuum, etc)...the idea of an IV, catheter, epidural and any other medical device just makes me cringe. Hopefully, in the heat of the moment, I'll be able to deal with whatever comes my way. Trying to keep an open mind...

I can't believe there are only 5 weeks left! (Although, I'm fully prepared to go 41 weeks, because I've seen some studies that show the true gestation is 41 weeks, not 40 as originally thought. And, again tonight the nurse mentioned that many 1st time moms go 41 weeks). Let's just hope some of these little aches and pains subside and I can get some decent sleep in the meantime.

Next appointment is 9/17 - and it should be a little more informational. They do the Strep B test, check for dilation/effacement, and verify that baby is head-down (if they're not sure, she'll do an ultra-sound).

0 comments:

.