10.06.2011

2 mo checkup

Rhys had her two month checkup this morning. She is still ON the chart, barely! She weighed 12 lb, 13oz (90th percentile) and 21.25 in long (25th percentile). I think the nurse marked her length a little short, but I guess we will find out next time. Dr T thought her weight will probably stay on the upper part of the curve until 4 mo and then start to even out a bit.

He was watching her mannerisms and said she is above average in her current "skill set". She is relaxing her hands, is getting good head control and is starting to have upper body strength. He said all of these are things that a baby closer to 4 mo old is doing. I don't know; I don't notice her doing anything extraordinary, but I just hope this doesn't mean she is going to be an early mover. I'm trying to soak up all of her baby-ness. It's going by so quickly!

The end of her appointment brought 2 shots. Yuck. She was ok with the first, but the second poke made her cry. She settled down pretty quickly and has been sleeping most of the day. I tried to load her up with Ibuprofen before we left the house, but she spit it right back at me - every last drop. Hoping she continues to be mellow and not too cranky through the night. And I'm (not so) secretly hoping she sleeps thru the night because she has been extra sleepy after her appointment. Although now that the statement is public, I'm sure I'm in for a long night!

Looking forward to the weekend - Natalie's birthday weekend!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

.