8.18.2011

3 weeks, already?

Hard for me to believe, but Rhys is already 3 weeks old? How is that possible?!



Based on our home scale she weighs upwards of 9.25lb already. She needs to slow down; this average of 1lb/wk is just too fast for me. Most of the Newborn clothes will be too small next week (not exaggerating..some onesies are already too snug and the pjs are getting too short!)



I always complain to David because Natalie is just not a snuggler. She never has been. She's always wanted her own space, her own bed, doesn't like to be rocked or sit with me on the couch. However, I think Rhys is making up for it. Guess you have to be careful what you wish for!..Rhys loves to be held and definitely prefers it to being on her own. Wonder if this is her personality or just her age. I'm hoping for a little of both as I would love to be able to put her down and get things done every now and then!

Still trying to find a pacifier that she likes. Most of the time she gives me a sour face and spits it back out. Natalie loves to give them to her though - even if Rhys doesn't want/need it! She calls it "paci" and tries to shove it in her mouth (before David or I can intervene). Trying to teach her not to pick it up..but that is tough!







David went back to work on Monday, so it's just been Rhys and I at home this week. We've been cleaning house, taking short walks, short naps, and Tuesday we even did a webinar on Real Estate Taxation! Rhys conveniently woke up during each of my breaks and lunch, so I had a rather busy day!

Sleep is going ok. We had a few nights of being up every 2 hrs - that was rough. I've been making sure she doesn't go longer than 3 hrs during the day (usually not a problem!) and trying to keep her awake a little more during daytime. Last night we got two good stretches - about 5 hrs and then 3! Progress! Hoping this continues and improves.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Shan said...

LOVE the outfit ;)

Every time I read the blog Rhys reminds me more and more of Liam (cuddling, has to be held, waking every 2 hrs). Oh how I thought it would NEVER end (it did) and he's VERY independent now.

Enjoy it while it lasts! As you know, it doesn't last long! Hugs and kisses to our beautiful nieces!

michelle said...

Thank you! And yes, very fun outfit! :)

.