2.01.2010

End of my leave

I'm so sad. Maternity leave is officially over and I have started my new workweek. We arranged our time so that I will have Mondays & Thursdays at home with Natalie. David is taking some paternity leave and will be home Tuesdays and Fridays (and probably a little babysitting on Saturdays too). Grandma is the lucky winner of Wednesdays with Natalie. We're going to try this for a while and see how things work.

I'm also in the process of finding a good daycare provider that we'll switch to, but we're not planning on that until at least after April 15th. Natalie is still so young and I feel like I'll have enough stress with the tax deadline that daycare is just one thing too many to deal with right now.

I can't believe Natalie is 16 weeks old already! I'm sure going to miss this face during the day:

Thank you for the picture Diane!


Natalie is starting to be a lot more social! Last night she was lighting up when I was playing Patty-Cakes with her. And this morning she has been laying under her toy gym and kicking the ball. It's so fun to watch her smile and squeal. She's on the verge of giggles..I've heard it a few times, and she keeps trying to laugh but ends up coughing a little.

And with the good, comes the bad...she's been a horrible napper for the past week or so. She used to nap for 2 hrs a few times a day. Now I'm lucky if I can get her to go 45 minutes at a time. She gets overtired, which means she is cranky, fights her sleep, and then wakes up every 15-20 minutes during her nap. Ugh. I hope this is just a phase and she will either nap longer or be happier to stay awake longer.

2 comments:

Patty said...

What a precious face!! So sorry your maternity leave is ending and you have to go back to work. It's a hard transition for everyone - I hope it isn't too tough for you!

Give Natalie hugs and kisses from Auntie & Uncle (& Ryan too)!

Tania said...

It goes much too quick! Thinking about you during the transition!

.