7.29.2009

6th Appt (28 wks, 4 days)

Today's doctor appointment went well. Everything seems right on schedule and no major concerns. The midwife thinks the baby is probably semi-head down. She's sort of laying at an angle and apparently what I thought were kicks are most likely hands jabbing at me! (although I think I'd rather that than being kicked in the ribs constantly...I'm sure that is still yet to come).


She setup my appointments for the rest of the pregnancy. I start going every other week until the last month when the appointments become weekly.

All good news:
  • I passed my diabetes test and the blood results don't look like I'm anemic at this point!

  • Blood pressure is still normal (a little on the higher side today, but I was running around quite a bit before my appt).

  • Baby's heartbeat is really strong - mid 140s.

Just for fun, here's a few progression pictures. These are from the beginning (January - I was actually posing to show how long my hair was before I chopped it!), 20 weeks (end of May) and 28 weeks (Monday 7/27):







The great name debate continues - but maybe not for long...! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Tania said...

Good to hear all is good! Count down is on!

Patty said...

First of all, I cannot believe how long your hair was back in January! And second, I cannot believe how much your baby belly has grown in the last month!! Excited to see you this weekend. Hopefully Ryan will count for you while you're here!

.