7.01.2009

5th Appt (24 wks 5 days)

We had our monthly appointment today. Nothing too exciting to post.

I'm measuring right on track at 24cm. The baby has been moving and kicking a bunch. David's gotten a couple of good kicks in the evening, but for the most part I think she knows when we're talking about her. I'll tell him "she's kicking a lot" and as soon as he touches my stomach, she stops!

The morning sickness has definitely tapered off, but it's not totally gone. I talked to the Dr. about it today and she recommended I switch to kiddie vitamins. I haven't been taking my vitamins too consistently because everytime I do, I wake up feeling sick. So, back to the Flinstones I guess!

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. Had a little swelling in my feet this weekend, but we were visiting family in the valley and it was only 108 on Sunday, so I guess that's to be expected! Some days my back is a little achy - I think baby girl has taken up residency back there sometimes. Works to my advantage though - David's getting pretty good at back rubs! :)

I got the paperwork to take the dreaded 1-hr Glucose Test this month. How bad can a sugary drink taste?!

We're still working on names. Nothing seems to be grabbing our attention right now. We pick some that we like, and then the next day we decide we've changed our mind. We're just waiting for her to tell us what she wants to be called!

The nursery is in progress. Hopefully we'll have something to take pictures of soon. We picked a paint scheme and are going to be working on that the next few weeks. It's all coming together!

2 comments:

Tania said...

Glad your appointment went well. The glucose test is not bad. Just don't eat for a while before and you should be fine. It really didn't taste that bad. Should be the last blood test, right?

Hope you find a name that sticks soon! :-)

Martine said...

Sounds like all is going well. Dont's worry about the name, you will pick the right one. May not be till she is born. Have a great week. Love you

.