7.08.2013

Camping - June 2013

On Friday morning, my cell phone rang as I was walking into work.  Caller ID showed my daycare number.  I'm thinking "great, I just got here and have to go back to get the girls already?!"  Turns out, Kristi was inviting us to a fishing clinic at Lopez on Saturday and to see if we wanted to camp Saturday night.  Sounded fun, so I figured we would coordinate the details later.  Then I started thinking about the last few times we went camping out there and how impacted it gets.  I called her back to see if she thought we should head out after work and stay 2 nights.  Impromptu camping! Woo hoo!  I went to the grocery store at lunch and left a little early from work.  I started packing and head most stuff ready by the time David got home and we headed out.

The girls were up until midnight.  Yeah, no idea who thought Smores at 10 o'clock was a good idea!  And of course, we were up with the first sliver of sunshine - 5:30am to be precise.

We headed down to the fishing clinic at 8:30.  Turned out to be almost 2 hours of instruction before they let the kids have the poles.  The kids did pretty good for having to sit still that long!

By the time we got down to the dock, the kids were basically ready for lunch, so we didn't end up staying too long.

We attempted naps (no go for Rhys, Natalie finally gave in for a bit), played a few rounds of golf toss and then headed to the marina for some snacks and fun.

A deer came up to our camp just as it was getting dark.  The neighbors fed it chips (!?!) and we had some left-over grapes, so the kids tried their hand at feeding it.  Pretty cool!










It was an easy-to-bed night for the kids..they were wiped out!

Natalie and her buddy "cheering" with yogurts while we packed up the cars.  Sunday was Father's Day, so we packed up and headed out in the morning.

Fun, last-minute weekend trip!

0 comments:

.