2.06.2012

Natalie's newest sayings

Natalie has been coming up with some funny stuff lately.  I always think "oh man, I need to remember that" and then it slips away before I can share.  So, I'm writing them down here, before I forget.

Last Thursday night David was at his hockey game, Natalie put on our backpack that we use as a diaper bag sometimes. She managed to get it on all by herself and then she turned to me and said "Bye mama, gotta go!  I go to Hockey!"  She kept saying "gotta go, bye!"

In the morning on the way to daycare we drive through the village and she asks "Santa Claus?" and I tell her, "Remember, Santa went back to the North Pole", and she asks "With Ginger?" (our Elf). Me: "yep, Santa came and brought you presents and then took Ginger back to the North Pole", Natalie: "oh, ok" (in her sad voice).  It's February. And she is still asking about Santa. The guy who she was terrified to even look at.

David points out the tractors to her on the way to daycare and told her once that they were working hard, so now she reminds him in the morning "Tractor work hard!"

If she is getting something she wants she says "Goodie, goodie!"  Guessing she picked this one up at daycare, because it's not something I typically say?

We asked her if she wanted to go see Grandma & Grandpa the other night, and she said "no, I be shy".  That's her newest trick.  I took her to daycare the other morning and I always talk it up on the way there and I asked if she was excited to see Kristi and she said "no, I be shy".  She did this a few weeks ago when we went to see Grammy & Papa too..she wouldn't go inside because she was being "shy" (even though she was talking and laughing and excited 2 minutes beforehand in the car). 

She's definitely learning her emotions.  Shy, sad, and happy are the ones that come to mind.  When someone in a book is sad she says "ohhh...:("  and in the car she asks "Mama, happy?!" Funny how she picks up on emotion.

She loves to point out "Mine!" when Rhys takes her toys...but we're working on learning to share.

No idea where she learned what Chocolate is, but we were watching TV one day and she saw a commercial with candy and she shouted out "Chocolate! mmm!"  Last night I made brownies and she saw them and started getting excited - "Chocolate!"

And, just for fun, a couple of pictures.

Grandma & Grandpa came by for a visit the other night.  Grandpa was reading her The Little Engine That Could and she was being so good paying attention.  Actually, she was about to fall asleep and could hardly keep her eyes open.  She ended up leaving half-way through the story and going to bed.  Not a normal occurrence around here, for sure.




And this is an outfit she came up with all by herself.  When I got home from work one night, she continually put all of her necklaces on and off. Silly girl!

0 comments:

.