2.09.2012

Bedtime routine

Know how guidelines recommend a person do 10,000 steps a day? Pretty sure I get mine in from 8pm-10pm. Walking back & forth to Natalie's room to get her to sleep!

This started around Christmas and has not let up. We put her in bed and she continues to get up. We've tried staying in the room, standing outside her door, not talking with her, giving her milk, changing her diaper, and most other things suggested in books & online. She just doesn't seem tired.

Pretty bad because when I tell her goodnight her response is "don't get up".

Tonight she kept Rhys up. They were both in there giggling. I walked into the room and Natalie was climbing up the side of the crib.

It's just a phase, right? At least that's what I keep telling myself.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I know I shouldn't....but I can't help to laugh at picturing the girls being awake and giggling in their room! Natalie not staying in bed is almost as bad as Ryan not wanting to sleep in his own room. Just a phase....right?

michelle said...

Oh, it definitely made me laugh, because it is so fun to see them interact, but I couldn't let her know that or she'd keep doing it! Let's play during daylight hours!

And yes, let's hope Ryan sleeping in your room is just a phase - a teenager in your bed would be wierd. :)

.