12.21.2011

December Days

This might be one of my favorite pictures.  Natalie told us she wanted to put on "my boots". And a fireman hat completes the outfit. The best part is she came up with it on her own.

I thought we might get Natalie to sit with Santa this year.  We were really talking it up and she was excited, but when we got there it was a different story. She wanted nothing to do with him.  I was actually not sure if Rhys would even sit there..she has some stranger issues sometimes. But, Rhys was a happy camper and we finally convinced Natalie to stand there.  Natalie is squinting, not crying; they should really find Santa a new location..the sun is just too bright for good pictures.



I put Rhys' dress on in the morning and thought she needed a headband since she rarely wears red and we have a few different red bows.  Natalie also wanted to wear a headband, so we dug out this purple one to match her.  Of course getting them to take a picture together is no easy task...


We headed out to Avila Barn to visit the animals for a while.  A little boy and his family were getting ready to leave and gave Natalie a bag of food to feed; she thought it was pretty fun and wasn't afraid at all.






In the evening, Natalie watched some Christmas cartoons and had popcorn.  First batch we've ever made for her at home. I know she's had a few pieces here and there,  but we hadn't ever made any for her.  She was more into the movie than the popcorn.

She may not like salty popcorn, but she definitely has a sweet tooth...David helped her make the Gingerbread house.  She was gobbling up the candy faster than he could assemble the pieces.  This is the end result, after we took away the candy supply.


They were busy making the Gingerbread house, and Trisha & I were busy baking.  I think this was at least the 4th annual Christmas baking, but it might have been 5 or even 6 years that we've done it!  It involves lots of butter, lots of chocolate and lots of fun.  We can't wait until our girls can help with the cookies.

Rhys has finally gotten to where we can put her sitting up in the stroller!  I took the girls out last weekend.  It was a little chilly, and I I realized half-way thru that I probably should have brought hats for them, but at least they both had hoods on their sweaters.  I think our double strollers will get a lot of use going forward..!

Just for fun. Our mantle in 2010 and 2011.


I don't think I ever posted, but this is how I shared the news with David that baby Rhys would be joining our family. While he was away on a business trip, I decorated. It took him a few minutes to realize there was an extra stocking and he thought I was joking that we'd have a 4th one hanging from our mantle.  Nope, not a joke, Rhys was on her way. It's been a year now and we couldn't imagine it any other way.

0 comments:

.