7.27.2011

Rhys Kathryn is here!

Rhys (pronounced Reece) was born this morning!


7/27/11 @ 7:36am
7lb 8oz, 20in

She has lots of dark hair and this morning after her bath it had a lot of curl to it!

Rhys had lots of visitors today! She mostly slept through all of the commotion, but did open her dark eyes a few times to say hello. No idea yet what color they are.

She has been nursing off and on, so I think she will really do well with the feedings. Very different experience from Natalie's eating habits the first week.

The c-section went great! I was so much more alert and aware the whole time. I mentioned to antisthesiologist (no idea how to spell!) that I was really sick after Natalie's surgery, so he put some magic potion in my IV and I wasn't even the slightest bit nauseous! So much better! Took me a while to get feeling back, but I think that's good since I haven't had any pain yet! David & Rhys were able to hang out in Recovery Room with me, so that was really special!

Rhys' blood sugar tested fine 3 times, so they are done poking her poor little feet! Yay! And I haven't had to test mine all day, such a nice break! Even got to have juice today! My how I've missed my apple juice!

We are resting now. Rhys is sleeping, and David & I slept for a while. Felt good since I woke up at 1:30am and couldn't go back to sleep (made mental notes of all the things I didn't want to forget to pack!) got to hear the rocket launch from VAFB. So, it's been a looong day.

Will update more later. iPhone pics aren't the best, so I'll have to post more after we get home.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

.