5.12.2011

Mixed results

My Dr's office called at 6pm tonight; never a good sign. My bloodwork didn't come back with the greatest results.

Glucose Test: score of 149, anything higher than 140 is considered "failing". She's ordering a 2hr test, and I'm planning to take it on Sat. Really not looking forward to it - it's a fasting test. I barely survive eating breakfast first thing in the morning. Not sure how I will make it to 10am with no food! I just really want to pass so I don't have to test my blood sugars from here on out. Let's hope the 1hr just gave false results.

Iron level: 32, anything above 35 is normal. Slightly anemic. She said it's not low enough to be too concerned, but iron supplements wouldn't hurt. I told her I'll probably pass for now because the iron made me nauseous last time. I just finished with the morning sickness, I really don't want to deal with that again so soon! (but based on my 1st pregnancy, I'm expecting it to return in a few weeks anyway).

Vitamin D: finally some good news. Score of 62, back in the normal range. She said to keep taking the Vit D, but lowered the dosage.

Guess I need to find a good book for Sat morning at the lab.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

.