1.27.2011

Appointments Galore!

Natalie had hers last week, and this week was my turn. Had blood drawn (twice! Ugh) and got to SEE the baby (twice! Yay).

Went for my blood draw on Sat for what I thought would cover everything, but then found out there were two more tests directed by the 1st tri screening I did yesterday, so had to go back for more blood work. Annoying, but both times I had good luck, and they got it on the first try. The trick seems to be that I have to tell them I have small veins. Good to know!

Now the fun part! Yesterday we went for an early detection ultrasound. They check behind baby's neck for the amount of fluid and look for any abnormalities. The Dr didn't give us a whole lot of information but said the baby looks on track and things look normal. Very fun. We could see arms, legs, fingers and toes. Heartbeat was 168. Got some good pictures. I'll need to scan and upload.

Then today I had my regular Dr appt. Met with Helen. I really like her. She was very personable and remembered me from last time. (she's the one that discovered Natalie was breech). Went thru the usual questions and routine. She tried to hear the heartbeat, but couldn't get it. Said placenta is likely in the way and baby is still pretty small. I wasn't too worried since we just saw baby yesterday. She got out the u/s machine and checked the heartbeat. She didn't measure it, but baby was just hanging out. Everything looks good! Blood pressure was a little high (130/68), but I was feeling kind of funky today, so who knows.

Both times we saw baby, he/she was just hanging out. Not too interested in moving around. Neither u/s could tell if it is a girl or boy. But, we scheduled the big anatomy scan for March 9th!

I took the Intelligender Test last week, just for fun. It says:



So guess we have to wait another 6 weeks to see if it is right. I think it gets more false boy results, due to sone hormone issues, so who knows. If it had said Girl I'd have more confidence. Probably 50/50 shot!

14 weeks are almost done. Seems like it is going so fast this time around! I have been sick twice now, but that is still a HUGE improvement from last time. Hopefully that was the worst of it and I will start to get some energy back. I've mostly had "night sickness". Feel icky after work and just want to go to bed. Looking forward to putting that behind me. I keep thinking any day now...but then again it took me 26 wks to feel decent last time...let's hope that's not the case!

Going back to work Full Time next week. Gotta get some work done before baby gets here!

Next post needs to be a Natalie update. She is doing and saying so many fun things! Makes us laugh everyday!


0 comments:

.