10.08.2009

13th Appt (38wks 5 days)

Thanks for all of the great guesses on the weight & height! My dad wanted to know what he was going to win and my mom told him "the winner gets to babysit or have diaper duty". My dad's response was "I'm going to change my guess then". We didn't really come up with a prize, Natalie will have to do!

We saw the OB for the pre-op appointment. He basically gave us an overview of what to expect tomorrow and ran through all of the risks associated with the surgery. Some of them are common and happen (ie I might get sick or get an infection) others were more scary and not too likely to happen. I have to sign a bunch of paperwork tomorrow, so he just wanted to go over the info today.

I can't eat 8 hrs before the surgery; he said absolutely no food or drink (not even water, tea or juice) after 4:30am. I'm sure my adrenaline will be high tomorrow and I won't really even notice it, but the way the past two nights have been going I may need a midnight snack!

We look forward to meeting Natalie and seeing all of the visitors tomorrow and the next few days. We're off to pack our hospital bags now (still haven't done that! good thing there were no emergencies!)

Someone will post an update tomorrow!

0 comments:

.